VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parking was a B but it was worth it. Why they have a huge convention center with no parking I have no clue. The only parking across the street was $50. The Toyota reps had been hearing "unintended acceleration" jokes and the models had been hearing "do you come with the car" all week but it never gets old! Going during the week was worth it because you could actually sit and play in the cars without much wait.

Some pics: The new mercedes Gullwing

V10 Audi R8 - if you're already spending $130k, why not just add another $30k and get what you want!

Cayenne S Hybrid. A similar setup will probably be put into the Touareg hybrid.

The Fiat 500. I believe it's coming to the US. The model was always smiling.

This model had dead eyes (probably because of the tight dress and people taking snapshots of her all day) and was extremely beautiful in a plastic way. Pics do not do her justice. A group behind me actually thought it was a mannequin. She did not move or smile.

FCX clarity hydrogen fuel cell car

They had free ridealongs in Jeep Rubicons. Although it doesn't look that tilted, inside the car it feels like you are over 45 degrees.

You can only see sky. Imagine what going down is like! There were other obstacles like logs to demonstrate suspension articulation.

Needs more ground clearance.

·
Registered
371 Posts
How long were you watching those models to make those conclusions? She was probably not smiling because she was hungry. ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Simpsons already did it: Do you come with the car is from the Mr. Plow episode of the Simpsons. The Simpons already did it is from South Park ;)

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Jeep Area

Didn't make it to the show this year, sadly.

A few years back Jeep rented out the building next door to the convention center to have a large indoor course, complete with wooden logs, mini-lake, hill crest, the works. It was very fun to ride-along. The parking-lot version doesn't seem quite as nice, but fun nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it's from the Simpsons.

They had 2 things of wooden logs but no indoor mini-lake :(

I actually looked through a recent car mag (I forget which one) and I realized that the unhappy model was in the photo in the car mag with the same exact car but in a different dress. She was smiling. The Fiat models were also the same but in different dresses. I guess they follow their manufacturer's car show across the country.

·
Registered
220 Posts
FYI, they are supposed to reveal the new Passat and Jetta later this year. I've heard the Passat is supposed to come out with the same engine as the Jetta but are there any official speciications for it yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts