VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own or know anyone who owns a phaeton? I saw one being advertised for pretty cheap, $30,000 with low miles, wasn't this a $80,000 car? What are the common problems that they see?

·
Registered
66 Posts
The vortex has a phaeton subforum. From what I hear, they were too expensive, and had poor quality and service. They were very similar to an Audi A8 but instead of aluminum parts, got steel parts. The dealers never had parts in stock and didn't treat $80,000 car buyers well. They were heavily discounted to get them off lots and don't hold value well. I would rather just get an Audi A8, they don't hold value as well as an A4. I think it's just that if both cars depreciate by the same percent, the more expensive car has lost more dollars.

J

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal, you are getting an expensive car for cheap. With that much depreciation, it isn't going to go down much. The warranty issues should have covered the major problems, I would think.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not looking to buy and hold, just looking for a daily driver and the AWD interested me. According to wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Phaeton , it was made on the same line as the Bentley flying spur and is based on the same line as the flying spur and coninental. I didn't know the cars were hand built!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Owning a Phaeton...

I have owned and run a v6 TDI Phaeton for 2 years. Bought it at 15 months old for 1/2 its original retail price!
Phenomenal car for the money & easily the best card I have ever driven.....however selling it will be difficult. ( I plan to run it for a long time)
Final point... If something happened to the Phaeton, I would buy another one straight away!
John.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts