VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Rob.
I've had to go out and buy me a tdi cos my bora v5 (sorry a jetta to you American guys) was just too thirsty.
I bought a high mileage golf tdi, it was cheap so, however i have some niggles, some i have fixed thanks to the 1000 questions, saved me money already. My Mfa just comes up with dashes for temperature and fuel consumption is well out unless 10 mpg could be correct. If any one can point me in right direction I'd appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I know that you can adjust the mpg gauge. It's in the VCDS modification section of the mk5 FAQ. However, I don't see why in the world anyone would adjust it down to show 10 mpg! What kind of mpg do you get by manually calculating it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, thanks for the quick reply, that was while i was being towed without the engine running, maybe it'll start working when i drive it, I'm saving for a cambelt kit at the,mo because it's done 156k and last documented change was at 51k! Also its sat unused for 3 months so i don't want to risk it. Is the fuel consumption calculated from vacuum pipes like on old petrol gti golfs?

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is just a guess but with the electronic pumps on all TDI, at least in North America, I'll bet it's a calculated value. Mine doesn't have one and I haven't seen on any other mk4. Can you reset the cluster?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's ok, thanks guys for the replys it seems better as i gave the car a bit of a run today. However the temperature for outside is not working, does anyone know where the sender is?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts