VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm new here. Ive come across the forum after trying to google my cars symptoms and this forum has popped up numerous times... I'm not sure where my car would fit in in terms of the sub forums so please forgive me if i have posted in the incorrect section.

I have a polo 9n3 1.9tdi sportline with the ASZ engine and its not as healthy as id like it to be...

I have recently changed my cam and lifters as well as done a complete cam service. Timing is spot on at 0 according to vcds. The problem I'm having is the car is a bit sluggish to rev and fuel consumption is a tad high with the idle consumption showing 1.2l/h at idle... when checking injector values cyl 1 is sitting at -1.8 and cyl3 is -2.8. One is compensating for the other it seems.

What I've been told was it could've been the injector loom which i changed but the symptoms stay the same. It was suggested it could be the injectors themselves or the seals on the injectors but the car isn't smokey. There is some at WOT but not as much what id expect as I've been told the software i have on the car would give quite a bit of smoke at WOT

Now I've been told it cod the fuel pump so i am at a loss at what to do. replacing/refurbing injectors is a costly exercise and if that may not be the issue, a huge waste of money. So if anyone has anything to suggest I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
The injectors are the same in the PD150 and 130 and usually go for 100 - 150 a set if needed.

I'd probably try some fuel treatment though. Also might be worth tweaking the cam timing a bit. Just check the mk4 section bew engine faq. It seems the PD can run better slightly off 0.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all I'm new here. Ive come across the forum after trying to google my cars symptoms and this forum has popped up numerous times... I'm not sure where my car would fit in in terms of the sub forums so please forgive me if i have posted in the incorrect section.

I have a polo 9n3 1.9tdi sportline with the ASZ engine and its not as healthy as id like it to be...

I have recently changed my cam and lifters as well as done a complete cam service. Timing is spot on at 0 according to vcds. The problem I'm having is the car is a bit sluggish to rev and fuel consumption is a tad high with the idle consumption showing 1.2l/h at idle... when checking injector values cyl 1 is sitting at -1.8 and cyl3 is -2.8. One is compensating for the other it seems.

What I've been told was it could've been the injector loom which i changed but the symptoms stay the same. It was suggested it could be the injectors themselves or the seals on the injectors but the car isn't smokey. There is some at WOT but not as much what id expect as I've been told the software i have on the car would give quite a bit of smoke at WOT

Now I've been told it cod the fuel pump so i am at a loss at what to do. replacing/refurbing injectors is a costly exercise and if that may not be the issue, a huge waste of money. So if anyone has anything to suggest I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you get it runing mate mines doing the same

1 - 3 of 3 Posts