VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? The Hyundai Genesis is supposed to be a decent, well built, nice car. The Passat replacement is supposed to get a TDI engine but is supposed to be bigger, decontented, and "more American ", whatever that means. I assume that means no manual. Will they be competitors? I've priced out a loaded 3.8 Hyundai Genesis at about $42,000 jaw drops but that includes xenon, navigation, heated/cooled seats, leather dashboard, smart cruise control, and premium audio, so I'm really comparing it to a loaded Audi A6 or BMW 5.

·
Registered
85 Posts
IMHO, even though the Genesis is a groundbreaking car, it's still not the original Lexus and interior design still pales in comparison to VW.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Why not wait until anything more than a concept sketch of the next passat comes out? Bigger could mean 1/2" bigger and more American could mean it's built in Tennesee.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I'm saying what's the opinion on the Genesis. Thumbs up or down? The current Passat looks nice but it hasn't been a good seller. I know someone with a Malibu and it actually drives really nice. I really think GM and Ford have really brought their cars up to spec now. I'm guessing they all use the same quality control methods and robots by now vs. 10-15 years ago when I'd say the Japanese cars were definitely better.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Completely different cars. One exists ;) If you are seriously considering both cars the only way to have a good opinion is to drive the both. The Passat should be sportier and I'm shocked to say, the Hyundai is probably about as reliable and has a much better warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts