VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have just been looking on ebay at some body kits for the passat, ive never been one for body kits, but seeing a few pics on there just made me want to kit mine up...i doubt i will but i would love to get it done, have anyone here put a kit on theirs?, or even seen one about kitted up?, the only thing around here, if i did that i bet it would just end up being a puller with the police, as first look at any car kitted/sported up a bit and first thing that springs to mind is "boy racer"!, other than that, theres a load of idiots around here who would just keep damaging it with scratches...it does look quite nice though.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I know the b5.5 vortex body kits was available through the dealerships, but I am not sure now. They had a blowout sale here in states last year. But you might want to check with the dealer if your interested on this look for your variant.

·
Premium Member
9,654 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
"I've never been one for body kits Claire as the name suggests Spoiler does what it says."

It's alright for you, your car's pretty smart and sporty looking as standard lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just liked the look of it on those photos lol, i doubt i will be kitting mine up, i cant get the dodgem to go right under the bonnet never mind sorting out the outside...lmao. im slowly giving up on this car now, seriously, i dont seem to be getting anywhere nearer getting it sorted out..im heading towards scrapping this thing its doing my head in.x

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
You should just pimp it anyway because it'll still look good even if it's broken down at the side of the road lol. You could try putting a shout on here for someone in your area to help. You just need to find someone nearby that knows something about tdi's.:D

·
Premium Member
9,654 Posts
It's alright for you, your car's pretty smart and sporty looking as standard lol.
There is nothing special or sporty looking about a GTD. There are no fancy panels, skirts or other bu&&&&it. The only difference is the GTD/GTI/GT have the roof spoiler so what that does sweet FA. All modern Golf come with alloys wheels apart from one model I think. Therefore all Mk6 Golfs look the same to me.

There was an thread on another forum the other day. Spotted

I mean how lame can you get. How many Mk6's have you spotted? You will see my comments.

You just need to find someone nearby that knows something about tdi's.:D
You don't actually need a TDI expert you need someone who is proficient in bodywork that lives in your area. Sorry I hate bodywork else I would come down to check things out (and the car lol :nana2:). ;)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I was on about the tdi expert for Claire's other problem lol. She was on about scrapping the car cause she's not gettin anywhere.

Your car still looks nicer than mine:nana2:

·
Premium Member
9,654 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh god, what have i started here now?...lol

i aint modding my car, but i am trying to get it fixed though, its just doing my head in as i aint getting anywhere, its a 1999 model, its a tdi, dont know why but the i of the tdi on the back is red...dont know if that makes any difference lol, and on the log book it says passat s tdi?

keith, its not kitting it up i need help with its the car itself lol, where are you from? knowing my luck your too far away from me ! lmao x :nana2:

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
The red i just means it's a 110bhp I think. I'm up north in Scotalanda, don't know about Keith. Threads are always getting highjacked and go off on tangents lol. It can make for an interesting read though not always helpful.:D

·
Premium Member
9,654 Posts
Threads are always getting highjacked and go off on tangents lol. It can make for an interesting read though not always helpful.:D
Yes threads do get off topic a bit that why I had chitty add the offtopic2 to the smilies so you can see this. You should try it Seatman?

As my spec shows I'm from Stoke on Trent Claire. Seatman shows Scotland which is a very big area. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
offtopic2 Yeah I'm up in the Angus Glens where I'm glad to say I successfully changed my thermostat today (and yes I did break the two little tabs) and used the correct vag approved coolant to refill. Mmmm toasty.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts