VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I returned to my car to find someone parked about 8 inches away from my driver's side door. The grey Honda to its left was there when I went into the store and yes it was a little off center but for the idiot in the Chevy to park so far over the line and block me...:bangshead Seriously, WTF, are you that stupid!

I took pics in case he scraped my car but luckily I didn't find any damage. I was parked on the right and this pic was after I pulled out.

idiot.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
thats nice of you... id have filled shopping carts with big rocks and make sure you left him less room then yourself.. after a few violent pushes... i watched one **** leve his mountain dew cube under his cart.. was **** like that.. i snatched that cube.. gave it to a person who likes the crap.. cause they deserved to loose it..

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Heck, that's how my wife always parks. ;)

Actually she has a different car now and hasn't figured out exactly where the corners are yet. :)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, just very annoying and rude. I can understand if the parking spaces are super tight but these were fine and I was worried they ran into me, they were that close. Our cars were almost touching.

When my side view mirror turn signal was replaced, it was because the sealed housing was cracked and moisture got in, causing the PCB to corrode. I'm wondering if someone parked too close and hit the side view mirror with a SUV bumper or their mirror.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Drivers are getting worse by the day it seems. I have WTF moments just about every day that I commute to work. Simple things too, such as remembering to signal and what not. Very disconcerting...

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, it's about the same as it's always been but now we have cameras :D This happened to me last friday. The wide angle lens makes it look much farther than it really was...it was a full ABS panic stop. My reaction time was pretty good since I was watching him and saw him pulling out. The banging noise was my backpack and stuff flying forward.

Drive defensively- if you have to stop and think if you can make it through an intersection, STOP...the answer is no. Just wait. If you ever take off your door panel and look at the thin piece of bent steel, you see it's not going to stop a 3-5,000 lbs vehicle from crushing you in a broadside.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts