VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not seem to figure out how just to have (parking/marker) lights on without headlights.
Seems like it is all lights or nothing, I sit on dark jobsites allot, and in my older cars I would just have my parking lights on. to let people know I was out there. I could swear I had them on once in the 2010 Jetta Sedan TDI, but have not been able again to just have marker/parking lights on without
headlights?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pull up the parking brake handle - that shuts off the daytime running lights. If you want to kill the DRLs permanently, try this:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=260189&page=4 - worked like a charm for me. I then bought a Euroswitch, plugged it in and now have just parking lights even with the engine on and/or driving along.

·
Premium Member
9,676 Posts
Well I'm not sure what you mean by (parking/marker) lights?

The parking lights normally work when you turn off the engine, remove the key and exit the car with the lights switched on and the indicator stalk is switched to the side you want the parking lights on to.

I must admit I haven't tried it on mine as I've never needed the parking lights but thats what the handbook says. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm not sure what you mean by (parking/marker) lights?

The parking lights normally work when you turn off the engine, remove the key and exit the car with the lights switched on and the indicator stalk is switched to the side you want the parking lights on to.

I must admit I haven't tried it on mine as I've never needed the parking lights but thats what the handbook says. ;)
I guess I should re-phrase, On american cars the headlights switch is a three position switch.
1 being everything off, position two turns on marker lights, and position thee turns just the headlamps on. The 2010 jetta TDI does not seem to have the capability to just have the marker lights on without the headlights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you sure? Did you buy a Euroswitch? I tried it last week on a 2010 Jetta and was able to have the parking lights on without the headlights. You have to have the DRL shut off though.. If you have the regular headlight switch you can't have this.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/euroswitch-vw-jetta-drl-function.htm Here are example pictures.
I have just the regular headlight switch, headlights off/ headlights on.
Can I put the Euroswitch in my 2010 jetta TDI to replace the regular switch??
And who do I buy it from, Do I have to have VCDS to inable the new switch?

·
Premium Member
9,676 Posts
I guess I should re-phrase, On american cars the headlights switch is a three position switch.
1 being everything off, position two turns on marker lights, and position thee turns just the headlamps on.
Well thats close we have off, Auto (but I never use this), side lights (marker lights), headlights but they still have the seperate parking lights as suggested. ;)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I have just the regular headlight switch, headlights off/ headlights on.
Can I put the Euroswitch in my 2010 jetta TDI to replace the regular switch??
And who do I buy it from, Do I have to have VCDS to inable the new switch?
Read the writeup, it answers most of your questions.

It's plug and play, yes it will work, I tried mine on a 2010 Jetta last week.

However, it won't work like you intend unless you disable the DRL. Instructions and demo pics are in the writeup.

I bought mine off ebay. It's probably a clone part but it works. If you want to buy a made in mexico or germany, or wherever the OEM part is made, it's normally another $40-50.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts