VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finally about to go talk to dealers this weekend to put deposits down for a new TDI Golf, when I noticed something on the VW configurator:
Under the automatic transmission description, which used to specifically mention the paddle shifters, now just mentions Tiptronic. Will 2010.5 TDI Golfs no longer have the paddle shifters?
Update:
I did notice that the GTI's description does not mention them either. Perhaps the copy text has just changed.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Don't know but everybody said their Golf TDI with DSG had paddle shifters and recently somebody posted that their Golf TDI with DSG didn't have paddle shifters. They are on the back of the steering wheel.

I hope this isn't decontenting and the guy who said his Golf didn't have paddle shifters was a rare case.

·
Registered
135 Posts
1st rule with VW: don't take any of the publications, like brochures, or their websites as the gospel. There are many mistakes, such as the Golf brochure doesn't mention bluetooth or xenon headlights. I drove a DSG TDI 2dr and it has paddle-shifters. I think you're safe that they did not change the configuration mid-stream. It would likely cost VW more money to change a design than to just stick with what they originally designed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts