VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I changed my whole steering column out and now I am getting this error. I had a friend program the key to get rid of the Immobilizer active message but now I am getting this P0194 code and it just cranks and won’t start. When I push the shifter lock button to shift into a different gear the PRNDS immediately starts to flash. I can clear the code but as soon as push the shifter button to try and shift it flashes again and sets the code. I changed the shifter and still does the same thing. The car is a 2006 VW Jetta TDI Automatic transmission. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I think I figured out the problem, the gear Spector on the transmission where the cable hooks up is not going in between gears properly. It actually clicks twice but then the rest of the gears are loose. So the selector is loose. Do I have to drop the tranny to fix this?

·
Super Moderator
8,921 Posts
VAG Error Code: 16578/000404

EOBD II Error Code: P0194

Fault Location:
Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247) - Circuit Intermittent

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
Engine will not start.

Wiring/Connector(s).
Fuel pressure sensor (G247) damaged.
Engine Control Module (ECM) damaged.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
Replace Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247).

Description:
The Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247) is a diaphragm strain gauge device in which resistance changes with pressure. The electrical resistance of a strain gauge increases as pressure increases, and the resistance decreases as the pressure decreases. The varying resistance affects the voltage drop across the sensor terminals and provides electrical signal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) corresponding to pressure.

Strain gauge type sensors are consider passive sensors. A passive sensor is connected to a voltage divider network so that varying the resistance of the passive sensor causes a variation in total current flow.

Voltage that is dropped across a fixed resistor in series with the sensor resistor determines the voltage signal at the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). This voltage signal is equal to the reference voltage minus the voltage drop across the fixed resistor.

The Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247) measures the pressure of the fuel near the fuel injectors. This signal is used by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to adjust the fuel injector pulse width and meter fuel to each combustion cylinder.

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software

1 - 3 of 3 Posts