VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed a few valves and lifters 3 weeks ago drove for approx 2000 kms without any issues a few days a go the car over heats there was a small chafe in one of the rad hoses going to the water bottle now car keeps going dry. It spits it out from the water bottle through the vent will not over heat as long as there is ant-freeze in the jug but does not last long ounce it's up to 90 degrees. Car works fine lots of power no white smoke from exhaust changed thermostat even took out the water pump it is in great shape and metal impeller firmly attached. Any ideas??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well it's like this for 2000 kms it was working fine then I found a vacuum hose that wasn't connected so now the turbo works great way more power but spitting out the anti-freeze then overheating can you elaborate on the egr valve/cooler.....

lots of power no water in oil and no white exhaust, no oil in water but pressure in the radiator reservoir

I disconnected the vacuumn line now level stays the same no overheating ?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Which vac hose is this? With the vac line disconnected no power?

The EGR cooler is above hte turbo, it exchanges the EGR gas heat w/coolant. It's a round tube behind intake manifold but if it were leaking the coolant should be dirty.

Are you sure the cap is OK? If it's opening at too low pressure it will let all the pressure out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now with the vacuum line disconnected there is very little pressure but with the line connected
the hose on the other side of the thermostat is solid under presssure and this is what shoots out the anti- freeze from the bottle vent This is the line that connects to a T on the firewall vacuum line.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Over heating

Trying different things to resolve the over heating :
I by passed the egr cooler still same thing
Without turbo no over heating 40 kms
with turbo connected spits the anti-freeze out of the bottle until dry a few kms

hate to have to pull the head again... any ideas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts