VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 06 Jetta TDI. Took it to the local VW dealer (I know it was probably a mistake but the only TDI gurus in my area are like 6 weeks out), wanted to get the oil changed because I didn't know when it was changed last. They completed the oil change but told me the pan was stripped out where the drain plug goes into it. They said it shouldn't leak but needs to be replaced. As such, I didn't leave with allot of confidence that the plug wasn't going to fall out going down the road. My question is does anybody make an aftermarket pan for this car. The dealer want over 300 bucks for the pan and another 300 to put it on. I will take it the local guru for install but don't really want to pay 300 for the pan. Any sugestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
welcometomyturbodies

You can get it heli coiled which quite often ends up stronger than the original. It's where they drill it out, tap/thread it then screw in a new thread. If you can find out the size you can buy a kit to do it at home. You can also get a repair kit that consists of an oversize tap and oil pan drain plug. 3rd and finally you can get oil pans off ebay over here and I should imagine ovewr there too. Mine was £42/$67 and it seems to be just the ticket.:)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
5mm ball ended allen key for behind the flywheel and off you go, some sealant for fitting, really easy. :)

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might be missing something but all the pans on ebay only fit the old motor. When you actually click into the listings they don't fit an 06TDI in the Jetta. They stop fitting in 05/

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts