VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my friends,i have one problem with my car with engine atd 101 hp.i made a test with vag and i find some problems with injection at cylinder 4- 2.99 mg/h.some sugestios ,can someone help?

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
First, what are the symptoms? If there's only 1 injector problem, then I am guessing that the engine is running rough?

Is it constantly rough or better at higher rpms?

+/- .5 mg/str is an acceptable difference.

You could have a bad injector. You could also try removing the bad injector and putting it in another slot. If the bad injector is still #4, then it could be something else, if it stays with the moved injector, then it could be a bad injector.

You could also try a can of diesel purge cleaner to see if that evens out the problem.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my injections is:cyl 1-1.65 cyl 2-1.69 cyl 3-0.16 and cyl 4 -2.99 mg/r.the engine us running fine.no intreruptions,but an excesive fuel consumptions!i just want some detailes about removing the injector.[sry my bad english]

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Here are some instructions on removing the pumpe duse injector:

remove the upper timing belt cover and valve cover.Turn crankshaft until the cam lobe for the injector you want points up. Remove the rocker arm bolts, adjustment screwm and ensionin block. The electrical connector should come off with a screwdriver.

It should then come out.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
It's not too hard to remove the injectors but if you are having low fuel economy and one of the injectors is putting in more fuel, try cleaning them with diesel fuel cleaner like diesel purge before pulling the injector.

There could be a tiny bit of buildup that is lowering your fuel economy.

D

·
0 Posts
It's very straightforward but try to clean them in car first.

You can also use the vag-com to check the timing.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I forgot that you have a pumpe duse, from the ross tech website:

Note to 1.9 PD (pumpe duese aka unit injectors) owners: The timing in PD engines is determined electronically by the ECU. There is neither a need nor an ability to check timing on the PD engines using VAG-COM.. There are no graphs published for the simple reason that the timing is set using a dedicated VAG locking tool when changing the timing belt

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Here are some specs about the PD engine, hope this answers your question.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts