VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Gotta say upfront, using this forum is a bit like learning a new language. Currently on my 4th VW diesel (the first was a new '80 Rabbit about 600,000 miles ago) a 2001 Jetta TDI. It's my first used purchase and it's got a few scrapes/wounds but wrings out just under 50 mpg on my 50 mile daily commute under mixed driving. Love that but not the $4.05/gal currently paying. I'm in the process of collecting the parts, tools, and info needed to replace the struts. My thanks to those members who've taken the time to document the process (better 'n Bentley). There are 2 other issues on which I could use some guidance. First, being a used purchase I have only one key which is in bad shape and no key code. I've read that no key code=$$$$$. Is there a sensible workaround to this problem? Second, my signal flasher wants to function intermittently without using the signal switch. I've replaced the emergency switch/flasher unit but the problem remains. Does this suggest a bad turn signal switch or something more grotesque like the an ECU problem?
Finally, would like throw kudos to those folks passionate enough to invest the time to run this site.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts