VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few weeks of going over my car it needs.
Timing belt done in 10k
The Cam is showing slight wear after reading it seems they are hard to get or no one make a good one yet.
Transmission drained a few times just got a VAG thingy
Brakes ordered those parts, plated parts and the tools
Shocks going red
Tires Maybe Nokian for the snow.
better skid plate.

Going to figure out what I can do and who can do what.
Cost for all this ouch, "shut the front door"

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
Going to figure out what I can do and who can do what.
For those chores you don't feel comfortable in handling (timing belt?), there are a couple of TDI experts in the Columbus area...

I believe "Growler" (Aaron Bruckelmeyer) is a member here... and if not, he's on the tdiclub site... there are others...

Sorry... can't help with the cost, although the vendors who hang around here and the tdiclub tend to offer good value...

All the best,

Yuri

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thanks I don't feel alone.

Will have to read about Aaron and others here. The other site I have not read much there yet.
Its easy to find DIY's here on this site.

Was reading about 09A change and it sounds easy just be careful. Talked with some one in northern Ohio who changed the fluid and said "once it starts to drain let it drain over night more will come out. Seems it will drain almost 4 liters fast but almost 1 more liter over night. Think Ill get a case of 12 and double the seals caps. Change it 2k apart
I read stuff 5 times make a SOP check list and follow it. Start with fewest steps projects to work up to Belt, Brakes and Beyond.

For those chores you don't feel comfortable in handling (timing belt?), there are a couple of TDI experts in the Columbus area...

I believe "Growler" (Aaron Bruckelmeyer) is a member here... and if not, he's on the tdiclub site... there are others...

Sorry... can't help with the cost, although the vendors who hang around here and the tdiclub tend to offer good value...

All the best,

Yuri

1 - 4 of 4 Posts