VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I hope I'm not repeating a commonly asked question, but search and google got me nowhere. Maybe it's because I have no idea what to search for.

Anyway, last night I was cleaning up after some work on the car and as I was crawling out from under it, I noticed a sensor on the bottom of the motor/oil pan I guess. It was the female end and there wasn't a wire in sight that could plug into it. The reason the location is hazy is because it was pretty pitch dark out and I couldn't see well. I'll try and get a picture once I get done with work and out of this suit unless someone can understand my rambling.

I'm assuming it's a diagnostic plugin or something. If not, I have no idea. Hopefully this isn't something easy. Or I guess I hope it is easy. After getting a good look of the motor and related components yesterday, I realize I still have alot to learn about TDI's and diesels in general.

Thanks for listening and any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I think that's an oil level sensor that some of the vag tdi's have but not all, it could be that the oil pan has been replaced with a second hand one which had a sensor and that's why there's no wire or you maybe just haven't found it yet.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts