VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible that the turbo is leaking inside and it's dripping outside of the turbo? There is an oil leak and the turbo is wet. I'm concerned that the turbo is shot and it'll lead to a runaway.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Most of the time it's an oil leak that covers the underside of the engine. To be sure, clean off the engine and over the net few days, look for the fresh leak. it's possible that the turbo is leaking oil but it normally ends up in the intercooler. It can leak out onto the outside but this is unusual, I don't think your car would run well at all if it was this bad.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
It could be a leaky valve cover, CCV, or EGR leaking oil. It's probably not leaking inside so much that it's on the outside. I would think that the oil would dry out or burn off due to the heat though.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, you hear stories about racing engines and I don't want that to happen to me!

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Yeah, wash the engine off first. If there's some oil dripping, the road wind will blow it all over the bottom.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Install a CCV filter with a catch can and that will help reduce the oil going through your manifold, and this will reduce the risk of a run away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts