VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for an oil leak all day and I think I have pinpointed it to an intake hose that connects either to the turbo or the egr valve by the back of the fire wall. I can see where there is fresh oil on the hose but I dont see where its leaking on the metal part which I think is the egr valve? I inspected the egr metal plumbing and there are no leaks there. Im fairly confident the leak is around the are of the intake house. Any ideas, does that valve tend to leak? If so what can I do because I dont even know where to start.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant my dad just took the car. Its a rubber hose. Before he left I looked at it with a mirror all around and I didint see it leak. But I think there are two rubber hoses on the driver side? I might have been looking at the wrong one. Another thing is that I washed it with water and degreaser last night and the belt is making a really bad squeaky noise. I just replaced it 3 weeks ago and it was good until today. Do you think the water might have messed up the belt or tensionerr?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts