VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie and want to thank everyone that put this site together. There is a lot of good info here.
I have found something a little odd and wanted to get the opinion of some more experienced people. My 06 TDI jetta went into a permanent limp mode and I suspect the MAF sensor, but waiting on the vag-com I just ordered. While doing some other troubleshooting I found oil coming out of the intercooler when I removed the hose going back to the throttle body. I removed the hose at the throttle body and had oil in it also. I don't believe this is normal and suspect a blown seal on the turbocharger. Any further insight would be appreciated.:dunno

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found my answer

Found the answer I was looking for after reading the article on turbochargers. small amount of oil in the induction piping is normal. Since my oil consumption hasn't gone up, it doesn't appear to be a problem.
I appreciate all the excellent info found here.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Even a little bit pooled in the intercooler is normal too. If you get on it the air flow blows it out a little and burns it up. You might see a small puff of smoke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts