VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I work at O'Reilly Auto and it seems as though Castrol has discontinued the oil that I used for my last oil change (Part Number in O'Reilly system EDGE5-30EURO) and we are unable to get it. I have been looking around and someone recommended 0w-40 in the Castroil brand ( Part Number in O'Reilly system EDGE0W-40) I was wondering if anyone has some advice or a recommendation for a course of action.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
You need a VW approved 507 spec oil. This is an old list and new ones have been added since then but you should be able to find something. If nothing else you can get the Castrol Edge from the dealer. I would stick with the viscosity stated in your owners manual. My personal preference is the Liqui Moly Top Tec 4200 in 5W-30 but use what you like as long as it meets the spec and don't overfill if you still have your factory emissions in place.

·
Super Moderator
9,315 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!
Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company 6 months ago that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.
We Are Live - Community Feedback
This has been talked about many times.
I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.
Do you like the new forum features?
Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

Look at Dave's link od Google it?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I haven't been able to verify if the VW dealerships still have access to the Castrol Edge Professional LL03 Oil but you can get Castrol Edge LL on Amazon (and other places) which meets the 507.00 spec you need for your common rail TDI.

The part number is 03669 for a 5 quart jug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts