VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First post ever. I just got a 2006 Jetta TDI last week. I did a quick search but I could not find a thread that could answer my question. I've search for oil filters online and different results come up. I've also found oil change kits on Ebay with the filter and oil that meets VW's standards.... however, i am curious to know what actual end-users prefer.

Do you guys have a preferred brand of oil and oil filter that you would recommend to me?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a huge improvement in my UOA lab results when I switched from the dealer Castrol 5w-30 to Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w-40 (out of warranty).

The best price I could find on a filter kit was at "Metalmanparts.com" . The complete kit of Quality oem replacement parts was $63 shipped, everyone else was around $70 NOT including shipping.

Also be careful if you do order a "kit"....there was a change in the "fuel" filter design. The early 06 jetta was a "two hole" filter while the late 06.5 jettas went to a "one" hole, thus it is a little more expensive.

Here's a TSB on oil: http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/....0023.File.pdf

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts