VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From chris at langhorne VW: "They only went up $440 retail, $412 invoice!"

This means that the MSRP is $23,870+440= $24,310.
Invoice price is $23,530+412= $23,942

For automatic transmission( DSG)
MSRP is $25,410

I will update the 2009-2010 Jetta buying guide and add options pricing/invoice once it becomes available.

Also, the 2010 wagons are finally released from port as of today and will be delivered!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pricing on 2010 JSW TDI?

I thought the most recent MSRP for the '09 JSW TDI was $23,870?

Also, is the Bluetooth included in the new base MSRP?

Thanks,

Stacey

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is, I just realized that I was using an old number and changed it while you were replying.

I'm sure that bluetooth is included in the new base MSRP in the US on the station wagon. If you look at page 2 of the buyer's guide the order sheet says "S (for standard), 9w2 (option code), Bluetooth connectivity". It's also standard on "SE" trim gassers. The TDI includes everything on the SE trim plus a few more options.

Unlike the Golf spec sheet, it doesn't say "forced option on TDIs $199", it says standard.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Pricing on 2010 TDI Wagon

Edmunds is showing a $220 incerese in the base msrp from 09 to 10 so I am not sure how the increase could be $440 as previously posted.
That is 2% instead of 1%. Increases are usually percentages across the board?

·
Registered
102 Posts
TDI pricing

Hi. Sorry about my last post. The $220 increase is on the TDI sedan for 2010 and is according to Edmunds. There does not appear to ba a loyal edition for 2010 to which I compared. I am still puzzled why the wagon increase as previously posted would be 2 percent vs. 1 percent for the sedan.

thanks

mar

·
Registered
7 Posts
SportWagen price increase

I believe that the part of the $440 increase is the now standard Bluetooth on the JSW TDI. Is Bluetooth now standard on the sedans also?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe that the part of the $440 increase is the now standard Bluetooth on the JSW TDI. Is Bluetooth now standard on the sedans also?
In the US, yes. I'm still not 100% sure if it's 9w2 or 9w3.

Some people report getting 9w3 - this has voice control and phone book functions and is factory installed.

I seem to recall someone saying that they got Volk-L which is a port installed option, more expensive, and is the same as 9w2 - no voice control or phone book, outgoing call and talk only.

Golfs will get 9w2 and 2010 wagons will also get 9w2 (may change as the cars get delivered)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tax credit for '10 DSG equipped JSW now $1700?

I'm hearing that the slightly higher 30/42 mpg mileage rating on the '10 Golf and JSW TDIs with DSG puts them in another class for the federal tax credit...which increases the tax credit from $1300 to $1700. Can someone confirm this?

Stacey

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm hearing that the slightly higher 30/42 mpg mileage rating on the '10 Golf and JSW TDIs with DSG puts them in another class for the federal tax credit...which increases the tax credit from $1300 to $1700. Can someone confirm this?

Stacey
I see no reference to this. That doesn't mean it's not true but until I see it on the IRS website it's not confirmed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
According to your FAQ the 4 door Golf TDI is more expensive than the Jetta TDI. This is not good for the Golf. That's quite a premium over a gas Golf, I expect prices to drop from MSRP soon.

·
Registered
482 Posts
According to your FAQ the 4 door Golf TDI is more expensive than the Jetta TDI. This is not good for the Golf. That's quite a premium over a gas Golf, I expect prices to drop from MSRP soon.
2nd, it happened with the Jetta and it'll happen with the Golf. Other than the price, it definitely looks like a winner though!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
A little birdie told me invoice pricing on all models :), $700 destination not included in the prices below

2010 Golf TDI invoice 2 door: $20,966
2010 VW Golf TDI invoice 2 door DSG: $22,065
2010 VW Golf TDI invoice 4 door: $21,534
2010 Golf TDI invoice 4 door DSG $22,633

2010 VW Jetta invoice price: $21,370
2010 Jetta invoice price DSG: $22,469

2010 Jetta wagon invoice price: $22,915
2010 VW Jetta wagon invoice price DSG: $24,014

I will add it to the FAQ now: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/a5/jettachecklist.htm

VVV Bluemojo, thanks, added the vid also

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tax Rebate

I see no reference to this. That doesn't mean it's not true but until I see it on the IRS website it's not confirmed.
Hi,

I am new here and have been following the discussions for a while, as I am in the market for a Jetta TDI Sportwagen w/manual transmission. Looks like they are only available with a dealer markup.

Anyway, with respect to the tax rebate: I also have heard that the Golf 2.0L TDI with a DSG gearbox qualifies for a $1,700 Tax Credit.

Thanks,

Chunk

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Interesting, that's the second time I heard that the new models get $1,700 instead of the old amount. If anyone knows,

is my contact info, the image is for anti-spam.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts