3- 1.32 (1.30)
4- 0.98 (0.90)
5- 0.98 (0.91)
6- 0.81 (0.76)
final 1-3.45 (4.12)
final 2- 2.76 (3.04)

6.5J X 16" alloy wheels
205/55 R16 H, all season tires

brakes Power assisted, dual circuit, vented 288 x 25 mm front discs and 260 x 12 mm solid rear discs

Passenger Volume 91.7 ft3 (2.60 m3)
Cargo Volume 32.8 ft3 (0.93 m3)
Cargo Volume with rear seat folded (floor to ceiling) 66.9 ft3 (1.89 m3)
Volume (Front/Rear) 50.1 ft3 (1.42 m3) / 41.6 ft3 (1.18 m3)
Head Room (Front/Rear) 38.4 in (976 mm) / 38.1 in (969 mm)
Shoulder Room (Front/Rear) 54.8 in (1,391 mm) / 53.1 in (1,348 mm)
Leg Room (Front/Rear) 41.1 in (1,045 mm) / 35.5 in (901 mm)

Wheelbase 101.5 in (2,578 mm)
Front Track 60.7 in (1,541 mm)
Rear Track 59.6 in (1,514 mm)
Length 179.4 in (4,556 mm)
Width 70.1 in (1,781 mm)
Height 59.2 in (1,504 mm)
Ground Clearance 5.4 in (138 mm)

curb weight about 3,230 or 3,285 lbs

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
That's about what was expected...but with options and taxes you're $30,000 out the door. I hope noone pays over MSRP unless you really want one.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I think they made a mistake giving it more power and less fuel economy. They just neede a few extra mpg to make the news.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Good find.

This is definitely larger than the last Jetta wagon but still a little smaller than the b4 and b5 wagons. If you can get one below MSRP that's not too bad on price.

J

·
0 Posts
How can ther ebe 2 final drives? one for auto and one for manual?

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
The first link doesn't show the TDI prices, only the 2nd one shows specs. Where are you geting the prices?

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm...it was there yesterday, they must have noticed that it was premature or maybe the changed the price?

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
With the economy the way it is now, I expect that dealerships aren't as busy. I would bet that if you're willing to wait a few months that there will be good deals to be had.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Maybe they are changing the MSRP as we speak? Hopefully downwards??? The economy and car sales in general are not doing so well, and they talked about decontenting the cars.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Yes, I looked into it, the cars don't have leather or HID headlights. They still have the independant rear suspensions ...but then the sportwagen has the option for a giant sunroof. WTF? You use the HID headlights every time it's dark. How often is a giant sunroof used where a normal sunroof couldn't be used. I have a sunroof but it's too sunny so I always keep the shade closed. When it's cold, there's snow on the sunroof and salt spray. Sometimes during the fall and spring, the sunroof comes open.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Another article about the Jetta

http://wot.motortrend.com/6249568/auto-news/vw-releases-us-jetta-sportwagen-pricing-specs-on-website/index.html

Oddly enough, Volkswagen has thrown specifications, photos, and pricing for its upcoming 2009 Jetta Sportwagen on its consumer website, while failing to issue a single press release. Funny business indeed, but nevertheless we now have the official word and cost on Wolfsburg's latest station wagon.

The 2009 Jetta Sportwagen starts at 19,649 in S trim with a 2.5-liter, 170 horsepower I-5, five-speed manual transmission (and that price includes a $650 destination charge). Add $2,000 if you'd like VW's six-speed Tiptronic to do the shifting for you. At the S trim level, you'll get roof rails, 16-inch steel wheels, heated side mirrors, halogen headlights, velour uphostry, a 60/40 split folding rear seat, single-CD 8-speaker stereo with auxiliary jack, and remote/auto locking.

Step up to the SE level trim package, and you'll retain the same engine and transmission options, starting at $21,999 for a manual and $23,099 for an automatic. The standard equipment list, however, is inflated to include chrome window trim, 16-inch alloy wheels, leatherette door panels and seats, a premium 6-disc 10-speaker stereo, Sirius Satellite Radio, a rear center armrest with storage and cupholders, and a pass-through rear seat.

The top-of-the-line SEL trim gets even more goodies, starting with the VW's award-winning 200 horsepower, 2.0-liter TFSI inline-four (the same engine found in the GTI), which comes mated to either a six-speed manual ($26,640) or six-speed DSG dual-clutch gearbox ($27,740). The equipment list is beefed up too - a leather-wrapped, multifunction steering wheel, leather upholstery, 17-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone climate control, multifunction trip computer, rear seat electrical outlet, premium sound package, 12-way power adjustable driver's seat, and a leather shift knob are all included at the top trim level.

Volkswagen also released specifications on the Jetta Sportwagen TDI, including its 2.0-liter, turbocharged inline-four, good for 140 horsepower and 236 lb-ft of torque, but has not yet released fuel economy or pricing figures. This is most likely due to the fact that the TDI version will not be released during the initial summer launch, instead likely waiting to hit showrooms early next year.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I'm confused, is there an auto or DSG only?
It looks like both unless there's a typo.

The sportwagon will be 6 speed manual or DSG, the sedan will be manual or tiptronic (slushbox).

I just hope that it's a double overdrive and not just closely spaced 6 gears. With all that torque, a close 6 gears will be pointless.

If I'm reading it correctly, the DSG should be about 2200 rpm

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
2nd, Ive also read that all autos will be DSG, ignore the tiptronic part. There shouldnt be a huge mileage hit but the DSG tranny needs to be kept with fluid changes or it can go boom and its an expensive part to replace!

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Don't forget that if you wait a few months, you'll probably be able to score one below MSRP. I would not pay over MSRP for a car that isn't even out yet. Maybe a Ferrari since you can resell it but not a VW.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Good info.

MSRP is suggested retail price. Dealers aren't making killings but they have plenty of room to move down. 90% of dealers have horrible sales tatics, 99% of salespeople are lying sacks.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts