Models:

2.5L 2‐door - 2.5L w/ 5‐speed manual or 6‐speed automatic with Tiptronic

2.5L 4‐door - 2.5L w/ 6‐speed automatic with Tiptronic

TDI 2‐door - 2.0L TDI w/ 6‐speed manual or 6‐speed DSG with Tiptronic

TDI 4‐door - 2.0L TDI w/ 6‐speed manual or 6‐speed DSG with Tiptronic

Equipment:

- Voice‐controlled with Bluetooth (9W7) optional on 2.5 and standard on TDI

- Rear‐side thorax airbags (4X4) remain optional on 4‐door models

- RCD310 single disc CD player without satellite radio replaces Baseline radio on 2.5

- RNS315 navigation replaces RNS510 navigation option on TDI

As always, the disclaimer:
Volkswagen of America, Inc. believes the information and specifications to be correct to the time of publication. Specifications, standard features, options, fabrics and colors are subject to change without notice. Some features may be unavailable when the vehicle is built.

Source:http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4855963
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"- RNS315 navigation replaces RNS510 navigation option on TDI" :confused:

Not good

Now we get this RNS-310

instead of this RNS-510

This pisses me off so much that it makes me want to get a TDI A3 and splurge :)

Seems like 2010 was the year to get the loaded TDI Golf I wanted.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Thanks, I'll add this info to the FAQ when I get a chance.

How do you know they made the screen smaller - maybe the bezel and headunit is just twice as big ;) I was skeptical of the RNS 510 and the Audi Navigation system because I'm a cheapskate and they are expensive but after seeing them in person and being able to use them, I was very impressed and now give them a thumbs up. The new one looks like a big step backwards but this time I'll wait to see it in person before making a judgement. And it's possible the price has adjusted accordingly. If it was $500 it would be a great option.

Actually, according to your post the new OEM VW GPS navigation system is the RNS 315 and the one you posted is the RNS 310. Perhaps the 315 nav system is a step up?

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
This looks to be the 315, or so says the Czech guy who made the pic. Wonder what the difference is between between the 315 and 510 then since they look the same. Maybe it is just a wrongly labeled pic?

They are selling it as a 315 anyways here

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Hm...quaillallstar posted this in another thread, referenced from http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms/mast...innovation___technik/infotainment/rns310.html

RNS 315 and RNS 310 are the same radios (cosmetically) but differ in options. One supports Bluetooth I believe and the other does not.

As a combination of top-actual and precise radio navigation RNS 310 radio navigation system is a real multi-talent. And it has to be handled quite easily: This is due to be intuitive to-use 5-inch touch screen. In addition to an easily understandable map display, it has many practical functions, so you always get to your destination relaxed.
Two operating concepts
The operation of the RNS 310 is simple: The high-resolution, color display berührungsintensive can either be operated by touch screen or a button. The turn-push approach supports the safe use while driving, with the touch screen interface allows quick access in the state. The flexible processor to achieve high graphics performance, so you stay on top.

Three-dimensional navigation
In the RNS 310 is the right way is included. This ensures the supplied digital maps - for one country in detail and all roads of Europe. When defining targets will support the clear 3D view (bird's eye view) and the automatic zoom in and out at the turn by turn. The handy SD card function content of multiple navigation CDs for different countries are stored. To navigate accurately even across national borders.
Quad Multimedia
You can use the RNA to hear more than 310 radio: namely, play CDs or just plug your mp3 player - thanks to the practical AUX-IN jack. The SD card slot also allows you to play on an SD card stored data, such as additional navigation equipment or audio files in mp3 and wma format - as would, for example with an audio book for longer distances?

24 favorite channels
The RNS 310 not only get a radio with two tuners and two antennas for FM interference-free reception of your favorite stations. You can also save up to 24 in number thanks to TMC, to be informed with the latest traffic information - visually on the map or as a collection. If desired, the RNA automatically calculates an alternative route and will reduce your annoying traffic jams. Many options
The RNS 310 is already a round package - but it has more talents: Use it with the optional mobile phone preparation or for visual parking aid. The air conditioning system "Climatronic" can display on the touch screen, just like an iPod or USB flash drive to orderable feature with the "Media in". Thus, the RNS 310 to the central display and control unit of your Volkswagen.

The RNS 315 navigation function.

The RNS 315 navigation function (for the RCD 310) can be used at the same time as the CD player with MP3-function. Thanks to the Traffic Message Channel (TMC), the clearly laid-out touch screen colour display automatically guides you past traffic jams. It also has an integrated mobile phone provision as well as an AUX-In connection and an SDcard reader.
image of the 315 - it looks exactly like the 310 posted earlier. It will be interesting to see what the price will be.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The 9w7 Bluetooth will the best of of both the 9w2 &9w3:

Voice‐controlled Bluetooth w/ audio streaming and phonebook download standard (9W7)

As for the Nav difference:

RNS315 navigation replaces RNS510 navigation option

The Bluetooth will be an upgrade for sure and will make it less confusing since there will be one option now. As for the Nav it just looks like it is going to be dumbed down a little from the RNS-510 (i.e. smaller screen & a little less feature's). However, at a better price point. It looks like like the RNS-510 will still be available in the high trim levels of the Tiguan, CC, etc (a.k.a. Higher end VW's)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The Bluetooth will be an upgrade for sure and will make it less confusing since there will be one option now. As for the Nav it just looks like it is going to be dumbed down a little from the RNS-510 (i.e. smaller screen & a little less feature's). However, at a better price point. It looks like like the RNS-510 will still be available in the high trim levels of the Tiguan, CC, etc (a.k.a. Higher end VW's)
Of note is that the Bluetooth change on Golf is for the USA and not Canada for any Canadian readers. I haven't heard of any Canadian specs yet.

And of course, you can still buy the RNS 510 GPS navigation system from the VW dealer or as a grey market part or your local wholesaler, and retrofit it into any mk5-mk6 car. The only non-plug-play step other than programing, etc., is putting in the GPS antenna. I'm not 100% sure since my car came with GPS but the stock GPS antenna is in the sharkfin antenna with the sirius satellite radio antenna. I believe if your car didn't come with GPS and you add a nav you have to add a GPS antenna.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hm...quaillallstar posted this in another thread, referenced from http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms/mast...innovation___technik/infotainment/rns310.html

image of the 315 - it looks exactly like the 310 posted earlier. It will be interesting to see what the price will be.

Correct! I posted this on VWVORTEX as well

RNS 315 and RNS 310 are the same radios (cosmetically) but differ in options. One supports Bluetooth I believe and the other does not.

RNS 310

http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/de3/unternehmen/innovation___technik/infotainment/rns310.html said:
One for all

As a combination of top-actual and precise radio navigation RNS 310 radio navigation system is a real multi-talent. And it has to be handled quite easily: This is due to be intuitive to-use 5-inch touch screen. In addition to an easily understandable map display, it has many practical functions, so you always get to your destination relaxed.

Two operating concepts
The operation of the RNS 310 is simple: The high-resolution, color display berührungsintensive can either be operated by touch screen or a button. The turn-push approach supports the safe use while driving, with the touch screen interface allows quick access in the state. The flexible processor to achieve high graphics performance, so you stay on top.

Three-dimensional navigation
In the RNS 310 is the right way is included. This ensures the supplied digital maps - for one country in detail and all roads of Europe. When defining targets will support the clear 3D view (bird's eye view) and the automatic zoom in and out at the turn by turn. The handy SD card function content of multiple navigation CDs for different countries are stored. To navigate accurately even across national borders.

Quad Multimedia
You can use the RNA to hear more than 310 radio: namely, play CDs or just plug your mp3 player - thanks to the practical AUX-IN jack. The SD card slot also allows you to play on an SD card stored data, such as additional navigation equipment or audio files in mp3 and wma format - as would, for example with an audio book for longer distances?

24 favorite channels
The RNS 310 not only get a radio with two tuners and two antennas for FM interference-free reception of your favorite stations. You can also save up to 24 in number thanks to TMC, to be informed with the latest traffic information - visually on the map or as a collection. If desired, the RNA automatically calculates an alternative route and will reduce your annoying traffic jams.

Many options
The RNS 310 is already a round package - but it has more talents: Use it with the optional mobile phone preparation or for visual parking aid. The air conditioning system "Climatronic" can display on the touch screen, just like an iPod or USB flash drive to orderable feature with the "Media in". Thus, the RNS 310 to the central display and control unit of your Volkswagen.
http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms....html

RNS 315 (*image taken from Volkswagen directly and is NOT the RNS 310)

http://www.volkswagen-commercial-vehicles.com/int/en/models/amarok/highlights/multimedia.html said:
The RNS 315 navigation function.

The RNS 315 navigation function (for the RCD 310) can be used at the same time as the CD player with MP3-function. Thanks to the Traffic Message Channel (TMC), the clearly laid-out touch screen colour display automatically guides you past traffic jams. It also has an integrated mobile phone provision as well as an AUX-In connection and an SDcard reader.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Darn you quailallstar! My RNS-510 should be here today, and already it feels inferior since I looked at the link you gave and checked out the RNS-810! Here's the link to that:

http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms/mast...nnovation___technik/infotainment/rns_810.html

Still, it seems about the same as the RNS-510, except for the bigger screen and some other features like adjusting your air suspension. I have never seen one in the forums, must be available in Europe only.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Darn you quailallstar! My RNS-510 should be here today, and already it feels inferior since I looked at the link you gave and checked out the RNS-810! Here's the link to that:

http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms/mast...nnovation___technik/infotainment/rns_810.html

Still, it seems about the same as the RNS-510, except for the bigger screen and some other features like adjusting your air suspension. I have never seen one in the forums, must be available in Europe only.
LOL sorry! But keep in mind that the RNS 810 is only for Phaeton and new T-Reg vehicles. Rest assured that you have the "top of the line" Volkswagen radio for your vehicle :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look at this beautiful Candy White GTD with Lamborghini wheels...
jaw drops

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Look at this beautiful Candy White GTD with Lamborghini wheels...
Are these wheels a 2011 Golf option? :yum:

Seriously though, please direct me to the website of the shop or owner who did this beautiful wheel swap.
I am making my Christmas wish list.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are these wheels a 2011 Golf option? :yum:

Seriously though, please direct me to the website of the shop or owner who did this beautiful wheel swap.
I am making my Christmas wish list.
Those wheels are actually from an Audi S6 and no they aren't a factory option.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts