VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks for updating this info. Great article BTW. Too bad they didn't upgrade the platform but I don't think most people would notice the difference. If it was done to reduce costs then you'd think they would have updated the platform.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice! I like the new look much more than the old look. The old headlights and grille made the car look tall. This makes it look wide.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good thing they added the MFSW to the wagon and bluetooth. If they have bi-xenon headlights then the car will finally be equipped decently.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pricing will probably be within a few hundred dollars of the 2009. Great car but hasn't this platform been around since 2005? They should have given it the new platform.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Self parking? I hope they don't make that an option since parallel parking is a lost art. It would probably cost too much anyways. PS, always back into a parallel parking. You can't drive forward into one.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Self parking? I hope they don't make that an option since parallel parking is a lost art. It would probably cost too much anyways. PS, always back into a parallel parking. You can't drive forward into one.
They are trying to reduce costs. At least the wagon gets HIDs, bluetooth. For me, that brings it up to a very competitive position in it's price range.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HID Headlights

They are trying to reduce costs. At least the wagon gets HIDs, bluetooth. For me, that brings it up to a very competitive position in it's price range.
I couldn't find any info about HID/Xenon headlights on the order sheet on the website.

I would add those in an instant.

I also didn't see anything about ordering fog lights
on the order sheets.

Just wondering if this is new information.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I couldn't find any info about HID/Xenon headlights on the order sheet on the website.

I would add those in an instant.

I also didn't see anything about ordering fog lights
on the order sheets.

Just wondering if this is new information.
You're right, it was an early rumor but I don't think it's going to appear on the sportwagen. It will be an option on the Golf which uses the same headlights as the sportwagen.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FYI, you can make it work with just the headlight assembly. Since the sportwagen is getting the Golf look you'll need GTI/Golf HIDs. These parts are so new that I doubt there is a lot of availability. Try TMtuning or ECStuning. My guess for price is about $1200-1500.

However, OEM hids also have levelers - these are sensors that level the headlights according to how the body is sitting vs. the suspension. As long as you aim the headlights correctly the levelers are nice but not manditory.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Material costs are going down but I've read that they had to price them at a loss since they were too expensive to build. That's why there are less luxury techno features in the later Jettas. Stuff like power seats and automatic climate control disappeared from the Jettas.

And to make more money!

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Added to the 2009-2010 Jetta buying guide: official order sheets scanned by Turbo Paul at vwvortex. They were hard to find so I also added them to the guide/FAQ. Prices are still not released.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Pricing for the sedans has been out for a while, about $360 over last year. I bet if you call the guys who put their 2010 wagon on ebay they can tell you the price on the 2010 wagon.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts