VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have a Skoda Octavia mk1 2003 with an ALH engine. (same as Golf IV)
Yesterday I used Torque (ELM327) to watch the turbo boost pressure. Torque was set to calculate boost using MAP.
At peak it showed around 21-22 psi.
Here's a screenshot of the Torque logging of boost. It was 3 pulling in 3rd gear from 2000 to ~4000RPM. (after the middle one was just a turn in 2nd gear)

Today I set it to calculate it via MAF and it showed 56 psi at peak. ��
But MAP still showed around 21-22 psi.
I didn't have boost 2 times, the turbo became silent at any RPM and the performance went down. I guess it went to limp mode. (after restart it worked again.)
Here's another log with limp mode, after a 5 second WOT it goes to limp mode and the maximum MAP pressure is 5 psi.

The first one is a short WOT, after that, its a 3rd gear pull from 1500 to 4000 RPM, maximum MAP pressure is about 22 psi, then after that the third and fourth small "spikes" are 3rd gear pulls from 1500 to 3000 RPM.

Is it bad? At the end of July we are going on an 1800 km trip with my family.
Is Torque shows stupid things? It shows no error codes.

PS.: Everything is stock in the car. My turbo always sound a bit loud, compared to my friends modified car with open exhaust.
Next week I am getting cruise control installed, and we will take a look at it with VCDS/VAG-COM.

Thanks,
Erik

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
If the boost is accurate it's over boosting, no doubt the turbo vnt mechanism will be sticking. Check the actuator isn't stuck too.

·
Super Moderator
9,329 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Post moved to the correct section. ;)

Manufacturer: Skoda, Date(s) Used: 08/2000-03/2001, Model: Octavia, Engine Code: ALH, 66Kw, 90PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection (TDI), EU3, Tour Timing belt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts