VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 speed manual with 11mm pump. Anyone have any expirence with Bosch t4 injector nozzles with this setup or pp520. Is there a possible loss of fuel milage? I no there is but how bad in normal driving conditions?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
IMHO, in normal driving conditions any loss of fuel mileage is minimal and well within variations between cars and drivers. I would think that you're at the point where you would also be looking at a larger turbo to have enough air to burn all that fuel. During normal driving you're not using that much fuel anyways but it does take some energy to turn the larger pump and whatnot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok how about automatic nozzles or .357 on a 11mm pump in a manual. (will it work?) I have a 11mm with stock nozzles in a manual right now. Trying to maintain fuel economy thinking of .357 on the 11mm pump, or automatic size nozzles. What do you think? Not trying to build a power burner here. 10mm pump failed put on 11 I had sitting around.

·
Registered
278 Posts
You should be fine with .357 but auto nozzles are a bit small. Don't worry, it won't be smoky if everything is running right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts