VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been keeping in touch with several dealerships throughout california over the past three months and the TDI activity is VERY low. It doesnt seem like any allocations are being handed out, so a custom order isnt even really possible yet.

Is it this bad everywhere else in the US? What's the deal!!! I want a TDI, have the money, but can't even place an order!

Come on VW, I want to give you profits!:thumbsup

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes it is bad here in Washington, DC area, at least for me. I put in a special order in mid-October for very specific car. It's January and still no car, and still no indication that it is getting made or delivered. So special ordering isn't even helping. And most TDIs that show up in list (like cars.com) are usually already claimed by others and aren't what I'm looking for (color is wrong or they are all DSG automatics).

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Some dealers it's very low. The volume dealers may have sold quite a few though. Some dealers have multiple wagons and sedans sitting on the lot, mostly because they mark up the price. And the good dealers which will budge a bit on price have their cars go fast.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's california. Demand seems to be highest on the east and west coast and supply is low in general.
the population tends to live near the coast followed by other major waterways, like large rivers and large lakes, thus the allocations should go to those locations. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to send them to dealers in areas like Idaho or North Dakota.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts