VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm a proud...well,owner of 2004 vw pd bew tdi...I love/hate my car depending on the day lol...hoping to collect some knowledge to troubleshoot and diagnose a shuttering issue I'm having with my car. Thanks to all that have taken the time to include a wealth of knowledge at my fingers...

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! Shuttering, shuddering, or stuttering :) It could be camshaft, timing, boost leak, electrical problem like failed sensor or wiring harness. Hopefully it's not a more serious problem like worn flywheel. To start, get any error codes.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chitty(cbb)! I am long over due to get a Vag-Com cable so it will be in the mail tomorrow(I'm a Mac user so back to windows...). Prior till now I had a local guru working on it that changed the timing belt and the lift pump. I hope that after some careful inspection and troubleshooting I find the issue and get back to the sweet smell of diesel in the morning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! Shuttering, shuddering, or stuttering :) It could be camshaft, timing, boost leak, electrical problem like failed sensor or wiring harness. Hopefully it's not a more serious problem like worn flywheel. To start, get any error codes.

welcometomyturbodies
So I finally found the error codes: Unit injector #1 electrical issue....misfire on #1...
Maybe the wiring harness to the injector?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleaned contacts on wiring harness to injectors. Whamo! Fixed the issue runs like a top! Now is the number 1 injector the one near the timing belt?(I cleaned them all while in doubt...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts