VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one problem at my car :noises with intreruption from the air filter .someone tell me the turbo is stuck.i feel a low power at 1500-2000 rpm.i want to remove the turbo and clean.can help with some documents?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
A few things are possible. Use the VAG-COM that you have to scan the car for error codes. There could be some other problem.

Is there a hissing noise that is not the turbo? Try checking for loose hoses or piping that has come off.

Removing the turbo is a big job, try taking the car out and warming it up. Once it is warmed up, rev the engine high and hard, see if the turbo works. The high temperature could help burn off any carbon buildup that is sticking. If it's really bad, you have to remove the turbo.

You can also read this .pdf file. It is slightly different for your car but it should give you an idea.

www.myturbodiesel.com/turboremovalhowto.pdf

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
If you remove and clean the turbo, make sure you are confident that you can put it back too. If you mess up cleaning it, it will break soon. As long as you mark everything, clean it well, and take notes when you remove it, you should be okay.

Are you sure that the EGR valve is not stuck open? This could cause low power and a strange noise.

Make sure you scan the car for codes before anything else, pulling the turbo is a big job.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank"s for suport ,the egr is working,the noises comes from the intercooler and air filter,in intake .i watch the actuator when i accelerate de engine,this i think is working,but i don't know is 100%.can realy be a problem?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I suggest turbo removal as a last resort, most of the time, the problem is something else.

First check the car for codes. Then see if there is a vacuum line broken somewhere. They often break at the ends. Try this: when you start the car, the actuator should move. It cycles on-off when you turn the car on.

Have someone else start the engine while you look.

If the noises are coming from the airfilter/intercooler area, check for a loose clamp or hose. To double check for any loose hoses that you may have missed, you can use compressed air to pressurize the intake and listen for hissing air. see this: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/multi/boostleaks.htm

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i check the actuator,he is moving .i think the problem is from inside the turbo is stuck the geometry variable.and the noises come from her reason i think.i will check the intake turbo.thank's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts