VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal to hear wind coming from the driver's side window? This is my first VW and I have only owned it for about a month. I can't feel any air coming in but it seems very noisy when I am driving 45 mph or more. I have a 2011 Jetta TDI.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem (on both sides) and the dealer says yes they hear it too and that it is common on the JSW but VW has no service bulletin for a fix. Not a good answer IMHO. I think more people need to complain about this and maybe VW will come up with a fix. It seems like it would be easy to adjust the door seal or add more door molding. The tech who checked my complaint said that if you fold in the mirrors the noise is much less..??? Not a real option...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The passenger side does seem like I can hear a little bit of noise but nothing compared to the driver's side window. When I take it in for my first check up I will mention it and see what they say. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
2011 Golf Mk6

I hear a whistling from my driver's side window at lower speeds (35-40 MPH). Seems to go away at higher speeds, not constant at all, but will bring it up at my first service. Have driven 250 miles since bought last Friday.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a call from my dealer yesterday and he said the VW now has a service bulletin on this issue. when I get the SB number I'll post it here.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The police wouldn't like that suggestion from volkswagon, neither would the Licencing Bureau, Or your insurance if something were to happen, while your mirrors were rolled in , and when you let your son or daughter go for their drivers licence in it.
They'd fail.
Maybe they had bad rubber put in the cars and didn't know it til after they did it.
after all, we're the guinea pigs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts