VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 TDI Jetta died sitting at the redlight yesterday. When I attempted to restart the engine I noticed that I did not see any rpm signal on the tach. After letting the car sit for a few hours the engine restarted and ran fine. I drove home and let it idle for about thirty minutes and it shut off again. Will not restart and has no tach signal. I checked for power at the electric fuel pump at the tank and did not see any signal. I also checked the codes and it has P1619, P0380 and P3130 stored. I am fairly sure that these codes have always been their because I removed the egr and have a button set up to operate the glow plugs(Car would not activate the glow plugs on it's own). The car is a manual shift ALH with 195,xxx miles on it. I am think crankshaft sensor, sound like a good start? I have a basic code reader and do not have access to a proper scan tool. Any help would be apreciated. I need help, I cannot afford to keep driving my Cummins to work!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
On your 2000 there is no electric fuel pump in the fuel tank unless you added one.

When you go to start, do you see the glow plug symbol light up at all? If not, relay 109 is probably the cause, especially if the relay is black. It overheats and was redesigned, the new one is gray. The glow plug problem could be a faulty coolant temp sensor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not worried about the glow plug problem, I am wanting help on the no start issue. I can manually operate the glow plugs. I have already replaced the relay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I was looking at the connecter on the tank by the hoses and thinking that that was an electric lift pump. Just a sending unit right

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased a Vag com and the only code I found was 01314 (49-10) . The code is showing up in IMMO and in CAN Gateway. I noticed that the fans will start to run after about 5 minutes with the ignition on. When I turn the engine over I do not see any rpms with the vag com, should I? relay 109 is grey and good. Battery voltage is good. Could it be a bad ECM? If so can I replace it or do I have to take it to a dealership? I was looking at buying a used ECM, will that work?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Don't know if vag com can show the rpm while cranking. Post that question in the VCDS specific section under the general forum. A used ECM will work but you need a vag tacho to get the SKC number and than you can input it with VCDS, see the immobilzier FAQ for details.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts