VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2014 Passat TDI with no heat coming from vents. I flushed the heater core and it has great flow. Where do I go next to regain heat? Car gets to 190 degrees without issue. Hoses feel hot as does fill container just no cabin heat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have 2014 Passat TDI with 92000 km and experiencing since Nov 18th the same problem. The first thing I noticed there was no heat hot air blowing at all, only cold air blows even with heat setup and second check engine light showed up! The emission software got updated 2 days ago and two recalls, so not sure if these caused any issue?
Prior to this on 66000 km the heater on passenger side didn't work, resulted in changing heater core,gasket set and adding coolant. So on 71000 km the drivers side blows heat hot air even with A/C on, resulted in replacing left temperature flap servo (motor and lever)..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heater core has extended warranty 120k miles or 10 years. I had my done by dealer under warranty. No problem at all and i have heat back.
Did you have no heat come at all from either side? I'm currently having issues where air blows, it's just not being heated up at all.

The heater core would be under warranty, but the dealership says that I would have to pay the diagnosing fee if it is not the heater core.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Don't know if this is applicable to your situation but it is similar.

We had an E300 MB turbodiesel that experienced the same conditions. I tracked it down to the water flow control valve. That valve was just an electric solenoid and had developed corrosion in it so it would not always operate properly.

If I were diagnosing this problem I would track the water flow first and look for any control valve in the heater core path. If that fails I would look at the heater box for an air control valve (normally vacuum operated). this valve opens or closes a door on the heater box to allow hot air or cold air into the interior.

Not sure how the VW system works but .....

Good luck!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK update I have flushed the heater core again and now have some heat but not much. After my son and I have noticed driver side of rad hose gets nice and hot but hose on passenger side is COLD. Temp gauge goes up to 190 but not over. Heater core continues to have good flow through it but not sure about rad. Also checked blend door which appears to be operating. Looking for cooling system diagram any ideas where I can find it? Did not receive any notice on extended warranty coverage on heater core does anyone have notice number?

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I had a situation where the temp never came up but that was due to a bad thermostat which was stuck open. Since your engine comes to temp I don't thinks that could be your issue.

On a BEW engine,
Drivers side should be the outlet from the radiator and the passenger side (starts right behind the alternator) is the engine outlet side and the thermostat is behind the connector the Rad hose is attached to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts