VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here in Canada, vw covers heating core for 10 years since car purchase date, and I believe that turbo is covered too. They replaced mine two times, all I can say that its very hard to prove that the problem is with heating core,dealership would charge you for check up and if they figure out that the problem is heater they will not charge and replace a part for free. I had a situation that I had to argue with and convenience them that's s the problem with heating core. Last time they kept my car for a couple more days to test it, as I didn't agree that anything else is wrong with a car. I know thay have to make money but not on this way! I don't know if we here in Canada have any authority to complain to, maybe we can fill out request for recalls, and see what will happen if anything!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This might be a bit late but I have found this - https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10168357-0001.pdf. This is the white paper that describes the problem, the solution, and other technical aspects of the issue. Not sure if this is the same problem everyone is having but sure does sound like it. I just got it replaced under warranty. The issues I have is that if you read the "technical background" it sounds like it will happen again and again even after it's fixed. Does any one have technical knowledge to confirm this? It almost sounds like this kinda should be a recall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know what is going on I have 2014, TDI and so far changed three times heater core, I mean they gave us warranty on that part 10yrs but still, this is unbelievable!
My heater core was replaced at 70000km, 140000km, 180000km, 230000km, 232000km and needs another replacement at 233000km. Now VW Canada wants to open the motor head and check down around the cylinders, what are they looking for down there, does anyone have a mechanical point of view?

This car is a nightmare in hell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here in Canada, vw covers heating core for 10 years since car purchase date, and I believe that turbo is covered too. They replaced mine two times, all I can say that its very hard to prove that the problem is with heating core,dealership would charge you for check up and if they figure out that the problem is heater they will not charge and replace a part for free. I had a situation that I had to argue with and convenience them that's s the problem with heating core. Last time they kept my car for a couple more days to test it, as I didn't agree that anything else is wrong with a car. I know thay have to make money but not on this way! I don't know if we here in Canada have any authority to complain to, maybe we can fill out request for recalls, and see what will happen if anything!
I have checked with the VW dealership about an extended warranty regarding heating core problems. VW dealership confirms no extended warranty on a heating core in Canada. Can you please provide more info on this issue regarding the warranty? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have checked with the VW dealership about an extended warranty regarding heating core problems. VW dealership confirms no extended warranty on a heating core in Canada. Can you please provide more info on this issue regarding the warranty? Thanks.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts