VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2013 Jetta back in May and recently found out the heat doesn't work. I think someone put some radiator stop leak and it might have clogged the heater core. Where the hell is the drain cock on the radiator? Or is there even one on the radiator? I want to drain some out and put in some stuff to flush it out. Thanks for any ideas, please let me know if Im barking up the wrong tree on this.

·
Super Moderator
8,924 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

They haven't fitted drain taps for years, drain the cooling system from the bottom hose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a 2013 Jetta back in May and recently found out the heat doesn't work. I think someone put some radiator stop leak and it might have clogged the heater core. Where the hell is the drain cock on the radiator? Or is there even one on the radiator? I want to drain some out and put in some stuff to flush it out. Thanks for any ideas, please let me know if Im barking up the wrong tree on this.
I checked the bottom hose coming out of the heater core and it was hot, just not as hot as the in hose. Im wondering if its not a blocked heater core.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts