VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sears is having a pretty good black friday deal - about 40%-50% off - this is a great time to get the tools you wanted. Here's where I found it: http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/sears-black-friday-ad.html

Cheaper than going to the dealer: Craftsman 260-pc Mechanic's Tool Set - $159.99 *
Craftsman Mechanic's Gloves - 50% Off
Craftsman Steel Magnetic Bowl - $4.99 *
Craftsman 3/8-in or 1/2 in Microtork Torque Wrench - $39.99

·
Registered
27 Posts
A lot of that stuff can be found at Harbor Freight but I'm sure the sears stuff is better quality so I'm definitley going to check it out, thanks, assuming there is anything left on the shelves after black friday, lol.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
In my torque wrench FAQ I said that the craftsman isn't the best wrench but I actually own their 3/8 in microtork wrench. This size doesn't get used as much since it only goes up to about 25 ft lbs. If you're not giving the wrench heavy duty use the craftsman should be fine. I saw a coupon for a $9 harbor frieght wrench so there really is no excuse to not have a torque wrench.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Thanks, I have a really old tomtom that runs off a pda and those look pretty good. I don't have experience with the garmins but the tomtom is pretty reliable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts