VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying a 2013 Jetta Sportwagon with 136,000 miles. The DSG transmission's fluid and filter was changed at 35,000 miles. The 80,000 and 120,000 mile transmission services were not done according to CarFax. What is the impact of missing those services on the transmission?

John

·
Registered
2011 GOV/AJ CJAA/LHD
24 Posts
No direct experience here with DSGs (we prefer MTs), so I can't comment. But, that a service isn't reported by CarFax doesn't mean necessarily that it wasn't performed -- just not by a shop that subscribes to that reporting service. Service by one local indy shop we use for our VAG cars shows up in CarFax, the other doesn't. If the current owner can't show you service documents, adjust your offer accordingly, IMO. --g

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi I don’t know if it’s of much any help but my 13 Passat, dsg has 260k as of today, I wasn’t the first owner and according to car fax at 37k the transmission was services and then at 87k or something the fluid was changed, but my car runs fine, then again I don’t abuse her I slowly go fast lol, when I went to vw for their bs they put me thru with the emissions, they tried to tell me my transmission was going out, this was 50k ago….I am sure they said that to get me to spend some money since they had to pay to repair my car which was at least 40-50k; Now I asked the advisor what I could do and she said if it’s been serviced once then it’s better to leave it as is and not touch it. My transmission is fine she has driven the same way as she always has, when she starts at first she takes about 2 seconds to reverse straight after starting when she’s hot she’s good to go. But maybe that’s just my car it really has to do how she has been treated. Just make sure you check their recalls so what happened to me doesn’t happen to you. They messed them cars up

·
Registered
1 Posts
My son purchased a 2012 VW Golf 103TDI with 150,000 kms. The trans had never has a DSG service according to the Service Log Book and the services done were at the local tyre dealer in a rural town.
His DSG performed perfectly, possibly because it had done mostly rural driving with less gear changes and lots of 6th gear. His DSG was better than the DSG in my 2009 VW Golf 103TDI with 95,000 kms and 2 DSG services.
We got the DSG service in sons car done and he sold the car at 200,000 kms and the DSG still worked perfectly.
My understanding is VW finally got the DSG sorted out with the 2012 and beyond models.
If the DSG is working OK in the 2013 Jetta and it gets a proper VW DSG service, it may be good to go, and then keep up regular DSG services. Though imo, the VW DSG service interval, 60,000 kms in Australia, is way too long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts