VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Golf website?

The url http://www.vw.com/golf/en/us was listed in an article about the 2010 Mk 6 Golf as the official VW Golf site. It was great on my 1st visit, expecially the 360 views with the US color charts for 2010. Any return visits take me only to the 2009 Rabbit site, even the the 'golf' in the url changes to 'rabbit'. Very strange. Is VW closing the door on us?

Gene

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
The 2010 Golf website was up for a while but VW has changed it back to the old rabbit site without the TDI info.

http://www.vw.com/golf/en/us

It was probably for the best since there are plenty of small typos and mistakes but you have to wonder why. This does not mean that the Golf won't be all new in 2010, this is just a website issue. I doubt there has been a material change in pricing or options since this has been set for a while.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Prob fixing all the typos. I took a look at the page and there were lots of blank spots in the specs pages. And they only listed 2 weights, since the golf has 2, 4, auto, manual, that's 4 possibilities. The auto has to weigh more than a 2 door manual.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Weights are guestimates. Base weight for a 2 door manual Golf was 2929. The max a 4 door Golf w/DSG should be under 3300. The 4 door option should add 50-75 lbs.

While the website is typical of VW (make a release and accept that you have to fix the problems on a rolling basis), it shows that at least they are trying to get the info out there in a timely fashion. I say timely since many people have already put down deposits on 2010 VW Golf.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's something I noticed about German cars, they tend to have more rolling changes and Japanese cars tend to have more frequent total changes but less rolling changes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm all for a change in pricing IF it happens to work in our favor but I doubt it will change as it has remained constant since pricing was first 'leaked' in April. Seems like someone hit the 'upload' button prematurely. someone might be getting a pink slip ;).

when prices are officially released,will the dealer invoice pricing become available shortly after? I'm just curious since I made a deal at an amt over invoice when I put down my deposit. my dealer advised that i might have to wait until jan-feb for the car!

·
Registered
30 Posts
allocations

i think their first round of allocations were filled so she said i should receive the car by february 28 at the latest, although she expects it in sooner. seems a little strange to me but perhaps they don't want to overpromise? i got the deal at $850 over dealer invoice. i imagine msrp will be around $1300+ over invoice so i think i got a decent deal. chris of langhorne pa i think is going to be offering at $600 over invoice but that is a long trek for me and i thought it would be worth $250 more to avoid the journey out east. (it's a 15 hour drive back and a $100+ plane trip out there.) what do you think of this deal?

·
Registered
30 Posts
yep, i'm happy. the sales manager at my local dealership has actually been really great. when i informed her that another dealer offered a lower price (which is actually true) she responded by dropping her price to a flat $500 over dealer invoice. i'm completely satisfied and can't wait for the car to come in. i'll be waiting nearly half a year, though :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
pricing is now out for the vw golf tdi and here's what i was quoted from a dealer:

Golf TDI with 4dr and DSG trans

MSRP=$24390 Incl Destination charge

Power Sunroof
$1000 retail $883 Invoice

Cold Weather Pkg
Retail $225
Invoice=$199

Rear Side Airbags
Retail $350
Invoice=$310

Dynaudio Advance Sound Retail $476
Invoice $420
Xenons Headlamps w/ AFS
Retail $700
Invoice =$618

Nav Pkg
Retail=$1750
Invoice=$1546

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Thanks I will add it to the FAQ once I confirm it! Where did you find the invoice price?

AFS is the ability of the HID lights to turn into turns. I believe it's disabled at parking lot speeds but activates at higher speeds.

·
Registered
30 Posts
From Zimbrick in Middleton, WI. Also Chris of VW Langhorne quoted me the same for invoice and sticker price. It's actually a lot higher than the initial pricing that was leaked in August. bummer.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm surprised dealers are giving out invoice prices, at least they aren't playing games narrowing the invoice price vs. MSRP to make consumers think they are getting they are getting a better deal!

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
After the cars have been out for a while, you can find invoice pricing on yahoo autos, edmunds, and a number of sites. What makes the difference is finding the pricing out early and being able to walk into a dealership with this knowledge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts