VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this Autoblog posting has been posted here (yet). Here is goes....

"It's only taken seven filed complaints out of 37,889 vehicles sold, but the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is taking a close look at the 2009 VW Jetta TDi regarding sudden stalling. Although only a handful of complaints have come into the NHTSA, a greater number of owners in various forums like VW Vortex, TDIclub.com, and VWDiesel.net have reported the same thing: a loss of power and then the engine cuts out.

Suspicions seem to center on the fuel delivery system or the type of diesel used at the moment. Tales of $10,000 repair estimates have been related, but it's too early to say where the gremlins truly reside, so if you've experienced the issue yourself, get on the horn to NHTSA."

Source: Report: NHTSA looking at 2009 VW Jetta stalling issues — Autoblog)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Google also hates me.

I'm working very hard on the site but when I do searches for keywords, I've learned google hates me. For example, for one keyword search, google still recommends an old page from 2000 of just links from another site over my entire content rich site. Although people think google is great, the main problem with their search is that they are VERY skewed towards the number one search result. One example is the sitelinks, the sublinks which appear beneath the search result. There are other ways that their search results favors number one which punishes everyone else. It's very frustrating to a growing site like mine. Simply put, quality content is not king but I'm working hard on improving search rankings.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I took a look on the NHTSA website, and the investigation stated is valid. Here is the summary information:

Make: VOLKSWAGEN
Model: JETTA SPORTWAGEN
Year: 2009
NHTSA Action Number: PE10034
Summary:
The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) has received 7 complaints on 2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI vehicles alleging that while driving and without warning the engine limped and then stalled almost immediately. A Preliminary Evaluation has been opened to assess the scope, frequency, and potential safety consequences associated with the alleged defect.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There are more than 7...... and not all BMWs with bad HPFP were taken care of. They can suddenly stall too. IMHO, these are pretty bad teething problems. It kind of makes you miss the days when you shut the door and the window fell into the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts