VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Has anyone seen a comparo between the four major diesel offerings, i.e. VW/MB/Audi and BMW? I am really interested in the new '11 T-egg TDi and wondered if any comparison had been done between the Audi Q7TDi, ML/GL 320 CDi and the BMW X5D? Don't have an oil burner now but back in the day had a 180D and a Olds 4.3 (cut off 350) that surprisingly was a very good car with decent performance and no problems while I owned it. Like to get back in the fold as the new engines look very interesting.:)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Take a look through the Audi Q7 buying guide as well. I forget if I put the comparison chart in just the Q7 buying guide or also the 2011 Touareg TDI buying guide. There is also a scanned magazine review comparing the last gen touareg with some of those cars in the resources section.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, will do that. I was kind of hoping for an objective comparo of the new crop of diesel offerings. Perhaps from someone like Edmunds or one of the buff mags. Your suggestion will give me a place to start. Thanks!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Take a look through the Audi Q7 buying guide as well. I forget if I put the comparison chart in just the Q7 buying guide or also the 2011 Touareg TDI buying guide. There is also a scanned magazine review comparing the last gen touareg with some of those cars in the resources section.
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f21/may-09-motortrend-2009-touareg-tdi-vs-lexus-rx450h-mb-ml320-bluetech-bmw-x5-35d-3074/ Thanks, just found it too! Nice read. Lexus = boo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great comparo article, just what I was looking for. The new '11 T-egg diesel should show even better with the weight reduction. Thanks for providing that!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts