VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Great forum. I stumbled on this forum while trying to research low power problem with our recently aquired 2000 jetta TDI. We recently purchased a salvage jetta that had been in a roll over, repaired the body/frame and just put it onto the road. after about 2000 km, we had the water pump/timing belt changed by a reputable VW repair facility (not dealer). We have just recently been experienced the car having low power (like driving a not turbo diesel). We have not had a chance to have it put onto the vac com. We will take it and have it put onto the vag com, we just wanted to have some insight into possible issues before hand.

It appears as though it is going into limp mode as described by several posts that I have read in your forum. Give the car throttle and it has low power, I could be dreaming, but while it is running at low power, it seems a little louder/different exhaust pitch. We can shut the car off and it works fine on restart. The car does not go into limp mode all of the time, but it appears as though it is becomming more frequent.

Thanks,
Dale

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Yes, read the checklist for limp mode. Since you have vag com, check the timing belt timing. It doesn't sound like your issue but it's a good check to do anyways. There are step by step instructions in ALH engine timing belt part 2.

If you're stuck at any step on limp mode or have more questions, please post a follow up. There are too many causes to blindly guess. Get the codes as a first step.
welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts