VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found your forum thru a google search. Nicely done, very little clutter, it must be a newer site? After some help from chitty I was able to log on. Thanks again!

I ordered my 2010 Golf TDi with 4 doors, a manual transmission. upgraded audio (I drive 200 miles round trip almost daily, need tunes), side molding to deter door dings, and it is to be Blue Graphite. They said 100 days or more on the wait. It already sucks and it's been a week or ten days, my mind is shot.

I sold my civic Si, oddly enough also a 6 gen car, weird. I am forced to drive the wife's Grand Cherokee, what a hog. The Jeep, not my wife. I may have to buy something in the mean time just for fuel economy.

Anyway, liked the 2010 buyer's guide article, very informative. This is my first Diesel besides the engines I messed with in the Coast Guard. I am thinking the golf might be a little different and much more complicated.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Passenger car diesel is as different from industrial diesel engines as a gasoline engine. Other than just knowing about engine basics there isn't a lot which transfers. Suck press bang blow, same as any other 4 cylinder engine.

Thanks for the positive comments!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No worries, I was referring to all the sensors and electronic gizmos that I have no understanding of. I can barely turn on my computer.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
News Flash

I found a Silver 2010 Golf TDi that I will be able to pick up on Friday or Saturday. The only option it has is heated seats, mirrors, and washer nozzles.
Paid exactly what the biuld feature at vw.com said I would.

Now to call the other dealer tomorrow and get my deposit back.

I now have something for to be thankful about around Turkey Day.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer across the street from my house wouldn't take my deposit. They said they wouldn't be able to get me a TDi until March or April. It is all about volume and allocation. Smaller dealers are oing to have beg, borrow, and steal to get the Golfs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts