VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 VW Jetta GLS 2.0L with no AC. It has a charge in the system and the AC control requests it to activate but nothing happens any thoughts? I am from Brantford ON area. This is a great forum.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Check if the AC fan is turning and all relays and fuses for the AC system,check the "how to index" on the top of the page.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the fan relay(I assume that this is the AC relay as the AC request feeds into this), didn't help. Is there wiring diagrams avail with info on this system?

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
disconnect ac compressor connector, then check resistance of the clutch coil (compressor side connector) it should be within 3-4 ohm range. Then measure voltage going to ac compressor with ac on, fan set to 1 or higher when engine is running and ac compressor switch is pushed. BE CAREFUL! BOTH FANS WILL RUN AT LOW SPEED, SO WATCH YOUR HANDS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, the resistance is 3.8ohms, the voltage is 9.46V all the time (ignition on or off, engine running or not & AC request on or off). The fans do not com on at all. Sorry for the delay in response.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I have tried 2, they were used, do they need to be programmed to the correct VIN or does that matter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this a common problem? I am hoping to have gotten a faulty used unit. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Is this a common problem? I am hoping to have gotten a faulty used unit. Thanks for your help.
very common problem, I changed one already and the new one failed within 20 days, then I made my own from 7 relays. No more problems at all.

you say that you are getting 9+V with key in or out then try disconnecting connector at the compressor see if the compressor clutch separates this time, then connect the connector again and see if clutch moves in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts