VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I am just coming for the first time to this forum as I just found it in the Internet.

My car is a Skoda Octavia 1.9 tdi, of 2009, which I bought second hand recently.

I am seeking info about the distribution strap changing schedule. The car has the factory one installed.

They said in the FAQ questions it may be stated, but I haven't found any FAQ section so far.

Any other guy with a Skoda in the forum?

Oldbeaver

·
Premium Member
9,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies
I am seeking info about the distribution strap changing schedule. The car has the factory one installed.
I've never heard of a distribution strap and google it shows nothing what is it?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Hello to all,

I am just coming for the first time to this forum as I just found it in the Internet.

My car is a Skoda Octavia 1.9 tdi, of 2009, which I bought second hand recently.

They said in the FAQ questions it may be stated, but I haven't found any FAQ section so far.

Any other guy with a Skoda in the forum?

Oldbeaver
Do you mean the timing belt? If so just follow the more recent pd write up for it, there pretty much the same, try this one. The other thing would be to tell us the engine code i.e. AGR, ALH, BEW, BRM etc it should be on the top of the timing belt cover.:)

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a4/vw-jetta-tdi-timing-belt-change-replacement-bew-engine.htm

welcometomyturbodies

PS the timing belt is the rubber like toothed belt for the camshaft, it's run from the crank.

·
Premium Member
9,661 Posts
I thought about timing belt but on a 2 year old motor that wouldn't be needed unless its never stopped running?

But he says "The car has the factory one installed"

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
1.9 TDI PD engine fine tunning

Do you mean the timing belt? If so just follow the more recent pd write up for it, there pretty much the same, try this one. The other thing would be to tell us the engine code i.e. AGR, ALH, BEW, BRM etc it should be on the top of the timing belt cover.:)

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a4/vw-jetta-tdi-timing-belt-change-replacement-bew-engine.htm

Yes, I meant the timing belt. It is my limited mechanics english language! Sorry for that, and thanks for coming.

Well, I just discovered today that you answer me. I was just looking for literature about setting up the timing belt.

My car is a BXE PD 1.9 TDI engine, on a Octavia frame, year 2009. It runs very well. I would like to be close to you for bringing my car for fine-tunning the timing belt for best fuel yield possible.

I don´t have the VCDS though. I read that RossTech sells limited versions of VCDS licenses and a cable. There are several levels of licenses they sell, the more power, the more money.

I feel reluctant of buying that as I will never know if the version I am purchasing will be enough to fine tuning my engine.

Things I want to fine-tuning:

1. Timing belt timing
2. EGR valve
3. Install an Alternator switch.

both aiming better fuel yield. And I think I am forgetting another one.

I would need that program (which is free, in fact) and the corresponding cable. I bought a chinese cable but it does not work. A red led lits on the car end when plug into the car terminal. It should be green.

They (the chinese) have an alternative tool that may serve my purpose, but it is a lot less expensive. It is called the "SuperVag" , see this link
http://www.ecutool.com/Super-VAG-KCAN_1025.html

Waiting for yr answer,

OldBeaver

1 - 5 of 5 Posts