VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just searching through the FAQ to find out how to read SKC pin from the engine ecu. Want to swap with a used ecu but I don't have the pin.

Cheers

rtbc

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I don't think you can, I think the dealer can or used to do it but not sure, you could get the immo remapped out of it though apparently, what are you up to anyway? just a replacement or for tuning purposes?:)

welcometomyturbodies

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
You can but you need some hacking tools and a VCDS. To be honest, unless you already own a VCDS or know someone, it's cheaper to go to the dealer since it's a quick plug-fix for them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more info...

Thanks guys, appreciate the replies. I'm just looking to swap the ecu to see if it sorts a problem. Basically after about 20min of being turned off it appears to forget all its settings and restarts from a very rich mixture. Less than about 20min it restarts first turn. Mixture and idle adaption numbers revert to 0000. Injectors, plugs, temp sensor all replaced, it's none of them (its actually a petrol model, you guys just seemed to have some good ideas! Hope you don't mind).

So I have an ecu in the car, got the SKC for that, got a used ecu from ebay but don't have the SKC for that one.

I have VCDS. I thought I'd could use VAG TACHO to read the used ecu, but can't get connection to 7.xx. Connects to dash ok, but of course that has the original skc.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts