VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all!
Great site you have here, I stumbled on it while checking out reviews on the 2011 jetta TDI.
Some years ago I owned an 84 diesel rabbit and have recently purchased a 2011 Jetta Highline TDI for my wife (VW has come a long ways since then!)
We have very cold winters here and I was somewhat reluctant to purchase the TDI, but we have had
minus 25C weather and as long as we plug the block heater in, it starts and warms up as well as most gas engines. The only thing i don't like is the fact that you can't leave the car running and lock the doors?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Do you have KESSY?

If so, can you use a spare key in the driver's door to manually lock it? But I believe that as long as the key is in the reception zone, someone can touch the handle and unlock it. So if your key ever falls between the cushion, the car is unlocked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a KESSY and the door handles have the touch sensor for lock and unlock as well as rolling up windows, it looks a bit ugly when you pull the cover off to expose the key cylinder but it's the only way to lock while the car runs, thanks for the info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts