VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this site while researching. I am very interested in the 2011 JSW TDI Mannual. Have owned diesels before but never a VW TDI. Seems to be the best way to gain great fuel economy but still enjoy the drive, unlike the borring-to-dive hybrids. Look forward to learning from you guys before I pull the trigger.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! From the reviews, the Honda CRZ is supposed to be a different hybrid and it even comes in a manual transmission. But the VW TDI has a ton more room, 4 seats, and better mpg. What other diesels have you had, the choices aren't exactly that great other than VW and Mercedes Benz for cars.
welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Previous diesels have been a cummins in a dodge 2500 truck and a powerstroke ford excursion. At a different stage of life now & have always been interested in but never owned a TDI. Evryone seems to love the ALH but mixed reviews on other site re: CRD. Which have you owned?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Everything except the Touareg (driven it, very nice car), New Beetle (same engine though), and new CRD engine models (driven a few).

My ALH engine mk4 Jetta was by far the best in mpg but the current BRM engine mk5 Jetta is the favorite overall since it's a package 2 - you can't buy them in this high trim level anymore. I bought used and the price was right but new they were too expensive for the market. I would like to add a cup edition suspension since the miles are getting up there but the ride is still acceptable. The mk5 has the same basic infotainment system as the mk6 as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Everything except the Touareg (driven it, very nice car), New Beetle (same engine though), and new CRD engine models (driven a few).

My ALH engine mk4 Jetta was by far the best in mpg but the current BRM engine mk5 Jetta is the favorite overall since it's a package 2 - you can't buy them in this high trim level anymore. I bought used and the price was right but new they were too expensive for the market. I would like to add a cup edition suspension since the miles are getting up there but the ride is still acceptable. The mk5 has the same basic infotainment system as the mk6 as well.
Oh, the Touareg looks great but it's a pretty expensive SUV. I really like the Audis too but at that price point you're looking at the BMWs and Benzs too. VW is the only inexpensive diesel car out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts