VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, yesterday my wife was driving her NB Tdi 99 suddenly she hear a Clank sound!!!!! inmediatly the engine stops and she made a emergency stop :eek she tried 4 times to starts the engine again and then she call me. I said don´t try to starts again 'cause I had a presentiment that the timing belt was broke.

I arrived to help my wife a the story was told ...............jaw drops the timing belt was broke.

So

I started to search information about it and Your Fantastic :bowdown page appears

this is my sad history. Thanks for your important help And I'll wish to share with you

regards

Giovanni

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Welcome to the forum Giovanni. welcometomyturbodies

Thats a shame.

How many miles/kilometres has it done? ;)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
:(

Sorry to hear. Take a look at the mk4 DIY and FAQ list. There's an article on how to remove the cylinder head. If the timing belt broke like that you will definitely need to repair or replace the head.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:(

Sorry to hear. Take a look at the mk4 DIY and FAQ list. There's an article on how to remove the cylinder head. If the timing belt broke like that you will definitely need to repair or replace the head.welcometomyturbodies
jaw drops

Don't Say that :eek

Ã￾'ll hope ....... I'll Think that everything is gonna be ok lkajdfkjakdljfkljakldjfklajdskjfkljaklfjaj

Else I´m in troubles........ Here in my country is very very VERY difficult found parts for TDi Engines

:bangshead and the cost of this is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Sorry.....if the timing belt jumps at the injection pump it's possible that the engine will stop running and the valves be OK.

However, if the timing belt loses all tension, snaps, or slips at the camshaft or crankshaft, it means the valves and pistons have definitely made contact. This is because there's so much inertia that they'll keep moving even after the engine is not running. Sometimes it bends the valves and sometimes it just compresses them because the valves go straight up-down.

Is it possible to ship out the head? Normally the bottom engine is OK and you just need a new head.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry.....if the timing belt jumps at the injection pump it's possible that the engine will stop running and the valves be OK.

However, if the timing belt loses all tension, snaps, or slips at the camshaft or crankshaft, it means the valves and pistons have definitely made contact. This is because there's so much inertia that they'll keep moving even after the engine is not running. Sometimes it bends the valves and sometimes it just compresses them because the valves go straight up-down.

Is it possible to ship out the head? Normally the bottom engine is OK and you just need a new head.

How can I search the hea??? Where What sites???? Here in my country Says I Need something,

Good, Pretty and Cheaper :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts