VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have ownned my lovely 1.4 TDi Polo for 10 years, she is my baby loved it to bits.

Loved past tense

This past year she has been a right pain.

Long story short had a pucture ofs rear where fuel tank is behind wheel as I was drive quite fast the tyre wore a hole in this plastic and water got inside, ever since then I have had what I think is a Limp mode problem

I have put the car on a Vag and it has come up with codes for the cylinders 1.2 and 3
and also boost pressure charge negative.

Im no mechanic but do know a bit.

N75 valve has been changed.

I am reluctant to send it to garage as I have limited funds and do not want to be fobbed off. Can these codes be related and is it a case of trial and error

thanks great site

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Which code numbers? Can you post them?

Check out the limp mode article, there are many simple causes like worn vac lines that cn cause it. Also test your VNT actuator, article is in the FAQ.welcometomyturbodies

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Cylinders 1,2 and 3? How many cylinders does the polo have? I know some are only 3 cylinder lol. I suppose if water has got into the tank and managed to reach the injectors it might cause problems, it sounds like it must be along those lines as that's when the problem started. You mioght have to get the tank drained and get the fuel lines bled through with fresh diesel then see how it goes after that.:)

welcometomyturbodies

1 - 3 of 3 Posts