Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, im new to this site - some great info on it
hoping someone can help me plz

i'm experiencing some issues with my ASZ 130BHP 1.9 TDI
symtoms are:

very rough cold starts and delayed to second crank sometimes - when it starts
runs like its on 3 cylinders - but smoothens out after a few seconds but still louder than usual.
warm starts are fine

mpg is way too low, im getting around 27 mpg driving easy local from a normal 38-42
motorway mileage is slightly better at around 42-44 but down compared to the previous 50+ i used to get

car shakes intermittently around 60 -80 mph on a long run

rpm idle is slighly over the range at 903 rpm

performance is mixed drives nippy sometimes and feels quite dead at times - very small amount of power below 2k rpm and feels like car struggles untill over 2k

i done some logs using vag com, but im no expert user - so very confusing
injection figures ive been told by a friend are all over the place.. will post them when i get back home from
work

i have posted on another forum, a very helpful gentleman thinks it could be down to a worn cam, or a problem with the cam belt

just would like to get some more opinions before i splash out on a camshaft kit, water pump, cam belt kit

thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention

maf has been replaced
new set of disks and calipers
recent intercooler
coolant temp sensor
millers injector cleaner
egr cleaned out

also a full recent service with fuel filter

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Hi bud, sorry I cant help but,welcometomyturbodies
Other people on here have the knowledge though and I'm sure will give some useful info.:)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Injector balance looks good.
Spec inj. duration looks good.

One thing to look at are the vacuum lines which control the EGR.
Does this engine have vacuum lines that control an intake manifold tumble flap?
What about the intake manifold flap? It should be right before the EGR. Some people who have had the electric valve instead of the vacuum operated valve had the gears strip. Maybe if your gears are stripped the valve isn't correct which causes the stumble? I don't think it throws a code.
Have you triple checked all the vacuum lines? Some have found that carbon buildup clogs the nipples on some of the solenoids or forms a blockage inside the vacuum line. Most of the time it's just a tiny crack in the line which causes the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the reply, appreciate the help

am quite new to these diesel engines always had the good old civic vtecs before,

ive attached a pic of the same engine which i have found on the net, regarding the vacuum lines is there diagrams on the howto section? i dont really know if it is electric or vacuum operated will have a
closer look and update you

cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
thanks for the reply, appreciate the help

am quite new to these diesel engines always had the good old civic vtecs before,

ive attached a pic of the same engine which i have found on the net, regarding the vacuum lines is there diagrams on the howto section? i dont really know if it is electric or vacuum operated will have a
closer look and update you

cheers
There should be a vac diagram under the hood as well but there's pictures in the FAQ in case the sticker on your car is missing. On this engine it's vac not electric.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts